Here’s my breakdown of quality online sex shops, toy makers who sell direct, and fantasy and Etsy shops in case you’re looking for something more out-of-the-ordinary.
- SheVibe has an amazing selection of toys, and the new site is art. Not all toys sold on SheVibe are body-safe, but each product’s materials are very clear on the site. (For insertable toys, be sure to steer clear of TPR/TPE and PVC.) SheVibe’s silicone dildo category1 allows you to narrow down your preferences by girth and/or length, so that you can easily find a body-safe toy in your preferred size.
- Peepshow Toys only sells body-safe toys and is dedicated to promoting material safety and sex-positive info. Use code FELICITY at checkout for 10% off anything.
- Vibrant is another cool shop that offers only body-safe toys. (Get 10% off everything here too with code FELICITY.) Their dildo selection is fairly small, but Vibrant is a great place to shop for vibrators, harnesses, and gender-expression items. Plus, proceeds go to support Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains.
- Good Vibrations has aimed to promote sex positivity, sex education, and body-safe toys since 1977. They’re a great place to buy Pleasure Works, New York Toy Collective, and VixSkin dual-density dildos.
- Lovehoney is a huge retailer with branches for customers throughout the world (UK, Germany, elsewhere in the EU, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand). You do have to pay attention to the materials you buy on Lovehoney; though they’re clearly listed at the bottom of any toy description, many are not body-safe. Lovehoney’s big advantage is its return policy: you can return any toy (used or not) within 365 days and get your money back.
Other online sex shops I’ve heard many good things about are Early to Bed, Smitten Kitten, Come As You Are, and Babeland.
Trustworthy Toy Makers & Etsy Shops
Check out my Silicone Dildo Firmness Guide for more info about how many of these toys feel in use.
- Tantus…I could write an ode about my love for Tantus. This company has been making body-safe silicone dildos for 20 years now! Their offerings range from the very simple (like the classic Silk) to newer dual-density toys: the Cush and Flurry are perennial favorites, and I love the realistic toys like the Alan (review here) and my absolute fav, the Uncut #1 (review here). Plus Tantus has recently started offering a lot of toys in Super Soft silicone—something I’m super excited about, especially when those toys are suction-cuppable! Tantus toys can also be bought from all of the sex shops listed above.
- Split Peaches offers silicone dildos and plugs in fun shapes (like the Unicorn Horn, the Screw You, and the steampunk-inspired Rivetor; see my Unicorn Horn here, and my Rivetor and Screw You reviews here) and in more neutral shapes.
- Funkit Toys has some interesting, more abstract shapes; this dildo-maker’s signature is clearer silicone with a colored ribbon swirling inside.
- Shapely Toys, IMO, is the place to go for inexpensive, abstract toys. See my Binate review.
- Fleshlight/Fleshjack is known for its (porous) canister masturbation sleeves, but the company also makes silicone dildos: the fantasy-themed Freaks series, plus the Fleshjack Boys series of lifecast porn-star cocks.
There are many other fantasy shops and Etsy stores out there; these are just the ones that I have enough information and/or personal experience with to recommend highly.2 Shops are US-based unless otherwise noted. For a listing of European silicone dongmakers, see this Tumblr post.
- Damn Average (Etsy shop with premade toys here; website with squishies and more here) does some truly beautiful marbles, in dildos ranging from more realistic to high fantasy and monster-inspired. Sheep’s shop is where silicone stress-relieving squishies got started. See my Above Average Alien review for details.
- Exotic Erotics is amazing at transforming inspiration photos (of various characters or whatever, really) into dildos. From high fantasy to robots, from human lifecasts to elephant trunks, Exotic Erotics has you covered.
- Bad Dragon is the most popular fantasy toy company. They make lots of toys, some more fantastical than others. See my Flint the Uncut Studded Dragon and Nox the Night Drake reviews for details.
- Xenocat Artifacts is a new shop that’s really expanded its offerings within the last couple months. They’re unique in that they offer bullet holes in all toys, and they’re working on their suction cups. Plus, their marbles are amazing! I recently got a custom Caiman alligator dildo that’s gorgeous.
- Twin Tail Creations currently has six totally customizable dildos; most are at least partly animal-themed. Their work is reliable, and they respond and ship quickly. Plus, you can order any toy with a suction cup: here’s a shot of my Cortez I took for my Suction Cup Dildo Guide.
- Primal Hardwere offers mostly animal-themed toys, including ovipositors and inflatable silicone dildos. (Plus a cactus and a lightbulb butt plug, because why not.)
- PhoenixFlameForge/Creations has great marbles and beautiful metallics, though right now the dildos are all smaller and include knots. They have a dragon hand now too!
- Strange Bedfellas is a very new shop that currently has two dildos. They seem very friendly and enthusiastic about their work, and I’m going to have to order a Batou to see what the product is like in person.
- A Krow’s Nest is pirate-themed—arrrg! Though most of the toys don’t really resemble much at all, each product description includes a short nautical-themed erotic story. Only two firmnesses are available: soft and medium, which are comparable to Bad Dragon’s soft (=really squishy) and medium (=squishy, very flexible).
- New Folklore Silicone is nice for smaller fantastical toys (and a few larger ones). Custom colors may take a while to ship.
- Kudu Voodoo offers some really bright, UV-reactive colors and unique shapes like Aston the Alligator. Plus free shipping in the US with $60+ purchases.
- Scifi Erotics is a German-based maker (but only $10 shipping to the US) that has two silicone dildos right now: a ginormous alien (my Zuklat review here) and a realistic human cock. You can save 10% off your order at Scifi-E with code FELICITY.
- Qimera Forge (UK-based) only has a few toys to choose from, but Qi is developing some cool color options, and the customer service is good in my experience.
- And all the shop’s dildo categories, all of which have lots of silicone in them.
- See this constantly updated list of fantasy toy makers for all your options, including some nonsilicone ones. I’d previously recommended against buying from Frisky Beast because of the long wait times and horrendous customer service, but in October 2017 it was announced that Twin Tail Creations had bought Frisky Beast out, so maybe things will get better.