Here’s my breakdown of quality online sex shops, toy makers who sell direct, and fantasy and Etsy shops in case you’re looking for something more out-of-the-ordinary.
- Everybody loves SheVibe, with its fun comic-art-themed site, huge selection, and competitive prices. In all of SheVibe’s toy categories (like silicone dildos here!), there are boxes in the left sidebar so you can easily filter out toys by brand, price, girth, length, and safety.1
- Peepshow Toys is serious about selling only body-safe toys. They strive to stock lots of options that are both affordable and safe: see some excellent cheaper vibes here, for example. Plus save 10% on toys sitewide when you enter code FELICITY at checkout—the discount applies to often crazy-low prices on the deals page.
- Lovehoney (US site here; Canadian site here; UK site here; EU site here) is a huge retailer with branches for customers throughout the world (including Australia and New Zealand). You do have to pay attention to the materials you buy on Lovehoney; they’re usually clearly listed, but many are not body-safe. Lovehoney has constant sales! See their deals pages by country: Lovehoney US, Lovehoney CA, Lovehoney UK, and Lovehoney EU.
- Spectrum Boutique is a hip online shop with some serious flair due its owner, Zoe Ligon. Spectrum sells body-safe insertables and vibes, plus TPR/TPE penis toys. Also use code FELICITY at checkout here to save 10% off your order (or, if it’s your first order, join the mailing list for 15% off).
- Good Vibrations has been promoting sex positivity and quality sex ed since 1977. This is the place to buy Pleasure Works dual-density dildos and plugs.
- Early to Bed is a small boutique shop with a focus on gender expression products, as well as a generous selection of dildos, vibes, and other sex toys. Get your BJ Dildo here!
- Betty’s Toy Box has a bigger selection than most shops on this list, including lots of silicone dildos. They do carry a lot of unsafe materials too (aaah PVC!), and it’s untrue that toy cleaner and/or condoms will make these toys OK to use.2
- Luvoqa is a boutique shop with a luxe feel. In case you’ve ever dreamt of an $8,000 gold-plated vibrator, then your wish has come true! Jokes aside, Luvoqa does have a filtering option so you can select toys by price range, starting with under $50. Get free USPS Priority Mail 2- to 3-Day delivery when you spend $75 and use code PHALREV at checkout.
- For all your bondage and kinkier needs (dungeon furniture, anyone?), check out Stockroom. Categories include electrosex, fetish wear, as well as standard sex toys and harnesses.
Other online retailers that I haven’t personally interacted with, but that have a good reputation, are Smitten Kitten, Come As You Are, SheBop, and Babeland.
Trustworthy Toy Makers & Etsy Shops
Check out my Silicone Dildo Firmness Guide for more info about how many of these toys feel in use.
- Tantus has been making body-safe silicone dildos for 20 years now! Their offerings range from the very simple (like the classic Silk) to newer dual-density toys: the Cush and Flurry are perennial favorites, and I love the realistic toys like the Alan (review here) and my absolute fave, the Uncut #1 (review here). Plus Tantus has recently started offering a lot of toys in Super Soft silicone—something I’m super excited about! Tantus toys can also be bought from all of the sex shops listed above. See all my Tantus reviews here.
- Fleshlight and Fleshjack are known for their canister masturbation sleeves/strokers, but the company also makes silicone dildos: the fantasy-themed Freaks series, plus the Fleshjack Boys series of lifecast porn-star cocks.
- Uberrime (Etsy shop) creates a number of semi-realistic dildos and some abstract toys too. I’m absolutely in love with my dual-density Splendid, which is Tantus-level quality.
- Mr. Hankey’s Toys offers pretty damn large, super large, and OMG-how-can-that-person-still-walk-afterward large realistic dildos! My Dragon is really fun when I want something super-textured that’s a stretch.
- Split Peaches offers silicone dildos and plugs in fun shapes (like the Unicorn Horn, the Screw You, and the steampunk-inspired Rivetor) and in more neutral shapes.
- RealDoll creates custom-made silicone sex dolls, plus the separate RealCock2 dildo. This toy is expensive, for sure, but is also the most realistic dildo on the market: the outer layer of silicone actually moves (a little), unlike other dual-density toys. Plus the balls float! You can save 5% on anything at RealDoll when you use code FELICITY.
There are many small fantasy makers and Etsy stores out there, but these are the ones that I feel most confident recommending.3 Shops are US-based unless otherwise noted.
- Strange Bedfellas is one of my new fave Etsy makers! My Tyv is a stunning, well-made pour, and I’m dying over how much I like the Tentacle sleeve for We-Vibe Tango.
- Uberrime has fantasy toys too: a GoT Night King dildo (review here) and tentacles, plus more sea-themed and fantasy-esque toys here at SheVibe. Then there’s Helios, a half-fantasy toy that does amazing things for my vag.
- Pleasure Forge offers Dungeons and Dragons-themed toys! I really love their creativity, they have truly amazing colorations, and I’m pleased with how my Illithid turned out.
- Damn Average (Etsy shop with premade toys here; website with squishies and more here) does some truly beautiful marbles, in dildos ranging from more realistic to high fantasy and monster-inspired. Sheep’s shop is where silicone stress-relieving squishies got started. See my Above Average Alien review.
- Lust Arts offers horror-themed (Frank’s Monster, Lust Burster alien) and fantasy (Unicorn, Mermaid, and Mosswood Dragon snout) toys. Frank’s Monster is even customizable dual-density: you pick your firmness for both layers of the toy.
- Mr. Hankey’s Toys now makes fantasy toys too, including canine, equine, and tentacle creatures—plus my absolute fave Dragon dildo.
- Geeky Sex Toys is seriously creative about nerdy toys: tentacles, of course, and sea creatures and unicorn horns, but also D&D dice ball gags, laser swords, a Darth Vader wand vibe, and more, all in silicone. They’re based in Australia, but worldwide flat-rate shipping is $15 USD.
- Bad Dragon is the most popular fantasy toy company. They make lots of toys, some more fantastical than others. See my Flint the Uncut Studded Dragon and Nox the Night Drake reviews for details.
- Dread the Empire is an up-and-coming shop I’ve heard very good things about from the fantasy toy community. Apparently Thunder is excellent, especially for anal use.
- HodgePodge Entourage has some rad-looking toys like Scylla the dual-stimulating tentacle. I want a Sylph, because yay ridges! Also, squishy brains!
- Xenocat Artifacts’ toys are super-duper textured, very abstract creations. Look how gorgeous my custom Caiman alligator dildo turned out!
- Twin Tail Creations currently has seven totally customizable dildos. Plus, you can order ball-less dildos with a suction cup: here’s a shot of my Cortez I took for my Suction Cup Dildo Guide. TTC is currently in the process of making new molds for older Frisky Beast Creations dildos after buying out the latter company.
- Exotic Erotics is amazing at transforming inspiration photos (of various characters or whatever, really) into dildos. They have everything from high fantasy characters to robots, from human lifecasts to elephant trunks.
- A Krow’s Nest is pirate-themed—arrrg! Only two firmnesses are available: soft and medium, which are comparable to Bad Dragon’s soft (=really squishy) and medium (=squishy, very flexible). The metallics and UV-reactive toys look stunning.
- Kudu Voodoo offers some really bright, UV-reactive colors and unique shapes like Aston the Alligator. Plus free shipping in the US with $60+ purchases.
- PhoenixFlameForge/Creations has some beautiful metallic colorations. The dildos are mostly on the smaller side and include knots. The shop also has snake and dragon hand dildos, and a (small) penetrable dragon muzzle.
- Primal Hardwere is the place to go for ovipositors; also check out their very long dildos and inflatable dildos. (Plus a cactus and a lightbulb butt plug, because why not.)
- New Folklore Silicone is nice for smaller toys (and a few larger ones). Custom colors may take a while to ship.
- Qimera Forge (UK-based) only has a few toys to choose from, but Qi is developing some cool color options, and the customer service is good in my experience. I need a sparkly fish squishy.
- Pick “Phthalate-free – Non-porous” to opt for only body-safe toy in any category (especially ones like “Realistic vibrators”) where some more-porous materials (TPR/TPE and PVC) are included.
- The oils in PVC and TPR/TPE typically leach out and start to degrade latex (most condoms) and polyisoprene (like Skyn) almost immediately.
- See this constantly updated list of fantasy toy makers for all your options, including some nonsilicone ones.