Here’s my breakdown of quality online sex shops, toy makers who sell direct, and fantasy and Etsy shops in case you’re looking for something more out-of-the-ordinary.
- I started reviewing for Peepshow Toys because of their commitment to only sell body-safe toys. Since then, I’ve seen how excited they are about selecting the best new toys, including lots of options that are both affordable and safe. At Peepshow, you can use code FELICITY at checkout for 10% off your entire purchase, including items in the clearance page. Or visit my curated collection here, for a quick guide to what I really like.
- SheVibe is a well-loved shop with a huge selection. Not all toys sold on SheVibe are body-safe, but each product’s materials are very clearly labeled. (For insertable toys, be sure to steer clear of TPR/TPE, Ultraskyn, and PVC, which are porous.) SheVibe’s silicone dildo category1 allows you to narrow down the options by girth and/or length (plus by price), so that you can easily find a toy in your preferred size. SheVibe’s deals and clearance page is here.
- Vibrant is another cool shop that offers only body-safe toys. (Get 10% off everything here too with code FELICITY.) Their dildo selection is pretty small, but Vibrant is a great place to shop for vibrators, harnesses, and gender-expression items. Plus, proceeds go to support Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains.
- Early to Bed is a small boutique shop with a focus on gender expression products, as well as a generous selection of dildos, vibes, and other sex toys. Get your BJ Dildo here!
- Good Vibrations has aimed to promote sex positivity and quality sex ed since 1977. This is the place to buy Pleasure Works dual-density dildos and plugs.
- Lovehoney (US site here; Canadian site here; UK site here; EU site here) is a huge retailer with branches for customers throughout the world (including Australia and New Zealand). You do have to pay attention to the materials you buy on Lovehoney; they’re usually clearly listed, but many are not body-safe. Lovehoney has big sales! See their deals pages by country: Lovehoney US, Lovehoney CA, Lovehoney UK, and Lovehoney EU.
- Betty’s Toy Box has a very good silicone dildo selection, like the non-suction-cupped Real Nude dual-density dildos that few others stock. Be sure to steer clear from Betty’s selection of unsafe realistic dildos (PVC, TPR/TPE), though, because it’s untrue that toy cleaner and/or condoms will make them OK to use.
- For all your bondage and kinkier needs (dungeon furniture, anyone?), check out Stockroom. Categories include electrosex, fetish wear, as well as standard sex toys and harnesses.
Other online sex shops I’ve heard many good things about are Smitten Kitten, Come As You Are, and Babeland.
Trustworthy Toy Makers & Etsy Shops
Check out my Silicone Dildo Firmness Guide for more info about how many of these toys feel in use.
- Tantus…I could write an ode about my love for Tantus. This company has been making body-safe silicone dildos for 20 years now! Their offerings range from the very simple (like the classic Silk) to newer dual-density toys: the Cush and Flurry are perennial favorites, and I love the realistic toys like the Alan (review here) and my absolute fave, the Uncut #1 (review here). Plus Tantus has recently started offering a lot of toys in Super Soft silicone—something I’m super excited about! Tantus toys can also be bought from all of the sex shops listed above. See all my Tantus reviews here.
- Split Peaches offers silicone dildos and plugs in fun shapes (like the Unicorn Horn, the Screw You, and the steampunk-inspired Rivetor; see my Unicorn Horn here, and my Rivetor and Screw You reviews here) and in more neutral shapes.
- Fleshlight and Fleshjack are known for their canister masturbation sleeves/strokers, but the company also makes silicone dildos: the fantasy-themed Freaks series, plus the Fleshjack Boys series of lifecast porn-star cocks.
- RealDoll creates custom-made silicone sex dolls, plus the separate RealCock2 dildo. This toy is expensive, for sure, but is also the most realistic dildo on the market: the outer layer of silicone actually moves (a little), unlike other dual-density toys. Plus the balls float! You can save 5% on anything at RealDoll when you use code FELICITY.
- Uberrime (Etsy shop) creates a number of realistic dildos and some abstract toys too. Marco is the only indie maker I know who sells dual-density dildos in custom colors! (I’m absolutely in love with my Splendid Gentleman 2.0, which is Tantus-level quality.) His responses to questions about his products are very prompt and informative.
- The Dodil is an interesting new product: a body-safe dildo2 that you heat and then shape how you like, as many times as you want. Call it “the arts-and-crafts dildo”! Currently, the Dodil isn’t anal safe, and if you like softer insertables, keep in mind that it’s quite firm overall.
- Shapely Toys is a small seller who creates inexpensive, abstract toys. See my Binate review for details. I also recommend the customer service here.
- Mr. Hankey’s Toys offers pretty damn large, super large, and OMG-how-can-that-person-still-walk-afterward large realistic dildos!
There are many small fantasy makers and Etsy stores out there, but these are the ones that I feel most confident recommending.3 Shops are US-based unless otherwise noted. For a listing of European silicone dongmakers, see this Tumblr post.
- Uberrime has fantasy toys too: a GoT Night King dildo (review here), plus Cthulhu and a couple aliens. They also have some pretty large toys. All toys are customizable in color and in firmness: soft (00-50), medium (10A), and firm (20A) silicone.
- Xenocat Artifacts has a lot of highly textured toys for a shop its age. Xenocat is unique in that they offer bullet holes as an option in all custom toys, and they’re now doing cum tubes (i.e., “ejaculation ports”) too. Plus, the marbles are amazing! Look how gorgeous my custom Caiman alligator dildo turned out.
- Damn Average (Etsy shop with premade toys here; website with squishies and more here) does some truly beautiful marbles, in dildos ranging from more realistic to high fantasy and monster-inspired. Sheep’s shop is where silicone stress-relieving squishies got started. See my Above Average Alien review.
- Pleasure Forge offers Dungeons and Dragons-themed toys! I really love their creativity, they have some awesome colors, and I’m pleased with how my Illithid turned out.
- Strange Bedfellas is one of my new fave Etsy makers! Tyv is very popular, and I’m dying over how much I like the forthcoming tentacle-shaped We-Vibe Tango sleeve.
- Mr. Hankey’s Toys now makes fantasy toys too, including canine, equine, and tentacle creatures—plus my absolute fave Dragon dildo.
- Bad Dragon is the most popular fantasy toy company. They make lots of toys, some more fantastical than others. See my Flint the Uncut Studded Dragon and Nox the Night Drake reviews for details.
- Lust Arts offers horror-themed (Frank’s Monster, Lust Burster alien) and fantasy (Unicorn, and I hear a mermaid is in the works) toys. Frank’s Monster is even customizable dual-density: the thin outer layer of silicone gives these toys a “highlight” effect so you can see the second layer through the monster’s stitching.
- Twin Tail Creations currently has seven totally customizable dildos. Plus, you can order ball-less dildos with a suction cup: here’s a shot of my Cortez I took for my Suction Cup Dildo Guide. TTC is currently in the process of making new molds for older Frisky Beast Creations dildos after buying out the latter company.
- Exotic Erotics is amazing at transforming inspiration photos (of various characters or whatever, really) into dildos. They have everything from high fantasy characters to robots, from human lifecasts to elephant trunks.
- A Krow’s Nest is pirate-themed—arrrg! Only two firmnesses are available: soft and medium, which are comparable to Bad Dragon’s soft (=really squishy) and medium (=squishy, very flexible). The metallics and UV-reactive toys look stunning.
- Dread the Empire is an up-and-coming shop whose quality I trust. I’ve heard great things about Thunder, especially for anal use.
- Kudu Voodoo offers some really bright, UV-reactive colors and unique shapes like Aston the Alligator. Plus free shipping in the US with $60+ purchases.
- PhoenixFlameForge/Creations has some beautiful metallic colorations. The dildos are mostly on the smaller side and include knots. The shop also has snake and dragon hand dildos, and a (small) penetrable dragon muzzle.
- Primal Hardwere is the place to go for ovipositors; also check out their very long dildos and inflatable dildos. (Plus a cactus and a lightbulb butt plug, because why not.)
- New Folklore Silicone is nice for smaller fantastical toys (and a few larger ones). Custom colors may take a while to ship.
- Qimera Forge (UK-based) only has a few toys to choose from, but Qi is developing some cool color options, and the customer service is good in my experience. I need a sparkly fish squishy.
- And all the shop’s dildo categories, all of which have lots of silicone in them.
- A platinum silicone outer layer over a thermoplastic core. The thermoplastic/bioplastic is in the polycaprolactane group, which means that (unlike TPE/TPR), it can safely be used internally (like in dental implants) and is biodegradable.
- See this constantly updated list of fantasy toy makers for all your options, including some nonsilicone ones. I’d previously recommended against buying from Frisky Beast because of the long wait times and horrendous customer service, but in October 2017 it was announced that Twin Tail Creations had bought Frisky Beast out, so the situation is improving.