Here’s my breakdown of quality online sex shops, toy makers who sell direct, and fantasy and Etsy shops in case you’re looking for something more out-of-the-ordinary.
- Peepshow Toys only sells body-safe toys and is dedicated to promoting material safety and sex-positive info. Use code FELICITY at checkout for 10% off your entire purchase, including items in the clearance page. Or check out my new curated collection here, for a quick guide to what I really like.
- SheVibe has a huge selection. Not all toys sold on SheVibe are body-safe, but each product’s materials are very clearly labeled. (For insertable toys, be sure to steer clear of TPR/TPE, Ultraskyn, and PVC, which are porous.) SheVibe’s silicone dildo category1 allows you to narrow down the options by girth and/or length (plus by price), so that you can easily find a toy in your preferred size. SheVibe’s deals and clearance page is here.
- Vibrant is another cool shop that offers only body-safe toys. (Get 10% off everything here too with code FELICITY.) Their dildo selection is fairly small, but Vibrant is a great place to shop for vibrators, harnesses, and gender-expression items. Plus, proceeds go to support Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains.
- Good Vibrations has aimed to promote sex positivity, sex education, and body-safe toys since 1977. This is the place to buy Pleasure Works dildos and plugs.
- Lovehoney (US site here; Canadian site here; UK site here) is a huge retailer with branches for customers throughout the world (including France, Germany, Spain, elsewhere in the EU, Australia, and New Zealand). You do have to pay attention to the materials you buy on Lovehoney; they’re usually clearly listed, but many are not body-safe. Lovehoney’s also has a new return policy where (if you have a Lovehoney acount), for 30 days after purchase, you can exchange any sex toy for one they think will work better for you. See Lovehoney US’s deals page here, Lovehoney UK’s deals here, and Lovehoney CA’s deals here.
- For all your bondage and kinkier needs (dungeon furniture, anyone?), check out Stockroom. Categories include electrosex, fetish wear, as well as standard sex toys and harnesses.
Other online sex shops I’ve heard many good things about are Early to Bed, Smitten Kitten, Come As You Are, and Babeland.
Trustworthy Toy Makers & Etsy Shops
Check out my Silicone Dildo Firmness Guide for more info about how many of these toys feel in use.
- Tantus…I could write an ode about my love for Tantus. This company has been making body-safe silicone dildos for 20 years now! Their offerings range from the very simple (like the classic Silk) to newer dual-density toys: the Cush and Flurry are perennial favorites, and I love the realistic toys like the Alan (review here) and my absolute fav, the Uncut #1 (review here). Plus Tantus has recently started offering a lot of toys in Super Soft silicone—something I’m super excited about! Tantus toys can also be bought from all of the sex shops listed above. See all my Tantus reviews here.
- Split Peaches offers silicone dildos and plugs in fun shapes (like the Unicorn Horn, the Screw You, and the steampunk-inspired Rivetor; see my Unicorn Horn here, and my Rivetor and Screw You reviews here) and in more neutral shapes.
- Funkit Toys has some interesting, more abstract shapes; this dildo-maker’s signature is clearer silicone with a colored ribbon swirling inside.
- Shapely Toys is a small seller who creates inexpensive, abstract toys. See my Binate review for details.
- Fleshlight and Fleshjack are known for their (porous) canister masturbation sleeves, but the company also makes silicone dildos: the fantasy-themed Freaks series, plus the Fleshjack Boys series of lifecast porn-star cocks.
- RealDoll creates custom-made silicone sex dolls, plus the separate RealCock2 dildo. This toy is expensive, for sure, but is also the most realistic dildo on the market: the outer layer of silicone actually moves (a little), unlike other dual-density toys. Plus the balls float! You can save 5% on anything at RealDoll when you use code FELICITY.
There are many other fantasy shops and Etsy stores out there; these are just the ones that I have enough information and/or personal experience with to recommend highly.2 Shops are US-based unless otherwise noted. For a listing of European silicone dongmakers, see this Tumblr post.
- Damn Average (Etsy shop with premade toys here; website with squishies and more here) does some truly beautiful marbles, in dildos ranging from more realistic to high fantasy and monster-inspired. Sheep’s shop is where silicone stress-relieving squishies got started. See my Above Average Alien review for details.
- Exotic Erotics is amazing at transforming inspiration photos (of various characters or whatever, really) into dildos. From high fantasy to robots, from human lifecasts to elephant trunks, Exotic Erotics has you covered.
- Bad Dragon is the most popular fantasy toy company. They make lots of toys, some more fantastical than others. See my Flint the Uncut Studded Dragon and Nox the Night Drake reviews for details.
- Xenocat Artifacts is a new shop that’s really expanded its offerings within the last six months. They’re unique in that they offer bullet holes as an option in all custom toys, and they’re now doing cum tubes (i.e., “ejaculation ports”) too. Plus, their marbles are amazing! I recently got a custom Caiman alligator dildo that’s gorgeous.
- Twin Tail Creations currently has six totally customizable dildos; most are at least partly animal-themed. Their work is reliable, and they respond and ship quickly. Plus, you can order any toy with a suction cup: here’s a shot of my Cortez I took for my Suction Cup Dildo Guide.
- Pleasure Forge offers Dungeons and Dragons-themed toys! I really love their creativity, they have some awesome colors, and I’m super-pleased with how my Illithid turned out.
- Primal Hardwere offers mostly animal-themed toys, including ovipositors and inflatable silicone dildos. (Plus a cactus and a lightbulb butt plug, because why not.)
- PhoenixFlameForge/Creations has lovely marbles and beautiful metallics, though right now the dildos are all smaller and include knots. They have a dragon hand now too, and a small penetrable.
- Strange Bedfellas is a new shop that’s doing great work. They’re very friendly and are expanding their offerings at a rapid pace.
- A Krow’s Nest is pirate-themed—arrrg! Only two firmnesses are available: soft and medium, which are comparable to Bad Dragon’s soft (=really squishy) and medium (=squishy, very flexible). The metallics and UV-reactive toys look stunning.
- New Folklore Silicone is nice for smaller fantastical toys (and a few larger ones). Custom colors may take a while to ship.
- Kudu Voodoo offers some really bright, UV-reactive colors and unique shapes like Aston the Alligator. Plus free shipping in the US with $60+ purchases.
- Scifi Erotics is a German-based maker (but only $10 shipping to the US) that has two silicone dildos right now: a ginormous alien (my Zuklat review here) and a realistic human cock. You can save 10% off your order at Scifi-E with code FELICITY.
- Qimera Forge (UK-based) only has a few toys to choose from, but Qi is developing some cool color options, and the customer service is good in my experience.
- And all the shop’s dildo categories, all of which have lots of silicone in them.
- See this constantly updated list of fantasy toy makers for all your options, including some nonsilicone ones. I’d previously recommended against buying from Frisky Beast because of the long wait times and horrendous customer service, but in October 2017 it was announced that Twin Tail Creations had bought Frisky Beast out, so it looks like the situation is improving.