Here’s my breakdown of quality online sex shops, toy makers who sell direct, and fantasy and Etsy shops in case you’re looking for something more out-of-the-ordinary.
- Everybody loves SheVibe, with its fun comic-art-themed site, huge selection, and competitive prices. In all of SheVibe’s toy categories (like silicone dildos here!), there are boxes in the left sidebar so you can easily filter out toys by brand, price, girth, length, and safety.1
- Peepshow Toys is serious about selling only body-safe toys. They strive to stock lots of options that are both affordable and safe: see cheaper vibes here, and my articles on affordable dildos and affordable couples toys here. The deals page includes offers that are often crazy-low (like dual-density silicone dils for under $20). Visit my curated collection for Peepshow Toys to see what I really like!
- Vibrant is another cool shop that offers only body-safe toys. (Get 10% off everything here with code FELICITY.) Vibrant is known for having huge sales (20% off or more) on almost their entire store several weekends a month (check out my Sales page for the latest).
- Lovehoney (US site here; Canadian site here; UK site here; EU site here) is a huge retailer with branches for customers throughout the world (including Australia and New Zealand). You do have to pay attention to the materials you buy on Lovehoney; they’re usually clearly listed, but many are not body-safe. Lovehoney has big sales! See their deals pages by country: Lovehoney US, Lovehoney CA, Lovehoney UK, and Lovehoney EU.
- Spectrum Boutique has serious flair, plus they only sell body-safe insertables and vibes. Also use code FELICITY at checkout here to save 10% off your order (or, if it’s your first order, join the mailing list for 15% off).
- Betty’s Toy Box has a very good silicone dildo selection, like the non-suction-cupped Real Nude dual-density dildos that few others stock. Be sure to steer clear from Betty’s selection of unsafe realistic dildos (PVC, TPR/TPE), though, because it’s untrue that toy cleaner and/or condoms will make them OK to use.
- Good Vibrations has been promoting sex positivity and quality sex ed since 1977. This is the place to buy Pleasure Works dual-density dildos and plugs.
- Early to Bed is a small boutique shop with a focus on gender expression products, as well as a generous selection of dildos, vibes, and other sex toys. Get your BJ Dildo here!
- For all your bondage and kinkier needs (dungeon furniture, anyone?), check out Stockroom. Categories include electrosex, fetish wear, as well as standard sex toys and harnesses.
Other online retailers that I haven’t personally interacted with, but that have a good reputation, are Smitten Kitten, Come As You Are, Babeland, and Luvoqa.
Trustworthy Toy Makers & Etsy Shops
Check out my Silicone Dildo Firmness Guide for more info about how many of these toys feel in use.
- Tantus has been making body-safe silicone dildos for 20 years now! Their offerings range from the very simple (like the classic Silk) to newer dual-density toys: the Cush and Flurry are perennial favorites, and I love the realistic toys like the Alan (review here) and my absolute fave, the Uncut #1 (review here). Plus Tantus has recently started offering a lot of toys in Super Soft silicone—something I’m super excited about! Tantus toys can also be bought from all of the sex shops listed above. See all my Tantus reviews here.
- Split Peaches offers silicone dildos and plugs in fun shapes (like the Unicorn Horn, the Screw You, and the steampunk-inspired Rivetor; see my Unicorn Horn here, and my Rivetor and Screw You reviews here) and in more neutral shapes.
- Fleshlight and Fleshjack are known for their canister masturbation sleeves/strokers, but the company also makes silicone dildos: the fantasy-themed Freaks series, plus the Fleshjack Boys series of lifecast porn-star cocks.
- RealDoll creates custom-made silicone sex dolls, plus the separate RealCock2 dildo. This toy is expensive, for sure, but is also the most realistic dildo on the market: the outer layer of silicone actually moves (a little), unlike other dual-density toys. Plus the balls float! You can save 5% on anything at RealDoll when you use code FELICITY.
- Uberrime (Etsy shop) creates a number of realistic dildos and some abstract toys too. I’m absolutely in love with my dual-density Splendid Gentleman, which is Tantus-level quality.
- Mr. Hankey’s Toys offers pretty damn large, super large, and OMG-how-can-that-person-still-walk-afterward large realistic dildos! My Dragon is really fun when I want something super-textured that’s a stretch.
There are many small fantasy makers and Etsy stores out there, but these are the ones that I feel most confident recommending.2 Shops are US-based unless otherwise noted. For a listing of European silicone dongmakers, see this Tumblr post.
- Strange Bedfellas is one of my new fave Etsy makers! My Tyv is a stunning, well-made pour, and I’m dying over how much I like the Tentacle sleeve for We-Vibe Tango.
- Uberrime has fantasy toys too: a GoT Night King dildo (review here), Cthulhu, and a couple aliens—plus Helios here, a half-fantasy toy, does amazing things for my vag.
- Xenocat Artifacts’ toys are super-duper textured, very abstract creations. Look how gorgeous my custom Caiman alligator dildo turned out! This is another newer maker whose toys look highly professional, and who is constantly expanding.
- Damn Average (Etsy shop with premade toys here; website with squishies and more here) does some truly beautiful marbles, in dildos ranging from more realistic to high fantasy and monster-inspired. Sheep’s shop is where silicone stress-relieving squishies got started. See my Above Average Alien review.
- Lust Arts offers horror-themed (Frank’s Monster, Lust Burster alien) and fantasy (Unicorn, and I hear a mermaid is in the works) toys. Frank’s Monster is even customizable dual-density: the thin outer layer of silicone gives these toys a “highlight” effect so you can see the second layer through the monster’s stitching.
- Pleasure Forge offers Dungeons and Dragons-themed toys! I really love their creativity, they have some awesome colors, and I’m pleased with how my Illithid turned out.
- Mr. Hankey’s Toys now makes fantasy toys too, including canine, equine, and tentacle creatures—plus my absolute fave Dragon dildo.
- Bad Dragon is the most popular fantasy toy company. They make lots of toys, some more fantastical than others. See my Flint the Uncut Studded Dragon and Nox the Night Drake reviews for details.
- Twin Tail Creations currently has seven totally customizable dildos. Plus, you can order ball-less dildos with a suction cup: here’s a shot of my Cortez I took for my Suction Cup Dildo Guide. TTC is currently in the process of making new molds for older Frisky Beast Creations dildos after buying out the latter company.
- Exotic Erotics is amazing at transforming inspiration photos (of various characters or whatever, really) into dildos. They have everything from high fantasy characters to robots, from human lifecasts to elephant trunks.
- A Krow’s Nest is pirate-themed—arrrg! Only two firmnesses are available: soft and medium, which are comparable to Bad Dragon’s soft (=really squishy) and medium (=squishy, very flexible). The metallics and UV-reactive toys look stunning.
- Dread the Empire is an up-and-coming shop whose quality I trust. I’ve heard great things about Thunder, especially for anal use.
- Kudu Voodoo offers some really bright, UV-reactive colors and unique shapes like Aston the Alligator. Plus free shipping in the US with $60+ purchases.
- PhoenixFlameForge/Creations has some beautiful metallic colorations. The dildos are mostly on the smaller side and include knots. The shop also has snake and dragon hand dildos, and a (small) penetrable dragon muzzle.
- Primal Hardwere is the place to go for ovipositors; also check out their very long dildos and inflatable dildos. (Plus a cactus and a lightbulb butt plug, because why not.)
- New Folklore Silicone is nice for smaller toys (and a few larger ones). Custom colors may take a while to ship.
- Qimera Forge (UK-based) only has a few toys to choose from, but Qi is developing some cool color options, and the customer service is good in my experience. I need a sparkly fish squishy.
- Pick “Phthalate-free – Non-porous” to opt for only body-safe insertables in a category like “Realistic vibrators” where some more-porous materials (TPR/TPE and PVC) are included.
- See this constantly updated list of fantasy toy makers for all your options, including some nonsilicone ones.