So where do you find body-safe sex toys once you learn Amazon is filled with questionable and risky materials? Here’s my breakdown of reputable & discreet online sex toy sellers, including well-known indie & fantasy dildo makers! I focus on shops that sell all-safe materials—like platinum silicone dildos—with notes about how to find good deals.
- Peepshow Toys is a forerunner in the body-safe toy movement: they simply won’t sell porous toys.1 Peepshow Toys carries a wide range of both safe and affordable options: see often crazy-low prices on the deals page and bestselling under-$50 vibes, for example. They have a FedEx 2-Day collection where you get fast US shipping free when you spend $70. Plus save an extra 10% site-wide by entering code FELICITY at checkout. Browse my favorites here!
- Spectrum Boutique is a smart shop with a kick-ass Instagram account and an educational bent. Spectrum sells body-safe insertables and vibes, plus some TPR/TPE penis toys. Also use code FELICITY at checkout here to save 10% off your order.
- Lovehoney (US site here; Canadian site here; UK site here; EU site here) is a huge retailer with branches for customers throughout the world (including Australia and New Zealand). You do have to pay attention to the materials you buy on Lovehoney; they’re usually clearly listed, but many are not body-safe.2 Lovehoney has constant sales! See their deals pages by country: Lovehoney US, Lovehoney CA, Lovehoney UK, and Lovehoney EU.
- Betty’s Toy Box has a big selection of big brand products, including lots of silicone dildos and an array of clit toys! Here’s my favorites collection!!! Save 10% on your order with code PHAL10.
- SheVibe’s fun comic-themed site offers a great selection of mass produced and handmade products, and competitive prices. In all of SheVibe’s toy categories (like silicone dildos here!), there are boxes in the left sidebar/under the category name3 so you can easily filter out toys by brand, price, girth, length, and safe materials.4
- For all your bondage and kinkier needs (dungeon furniture, anyone?), check out Stockroom. Categories include electrosex, fetish wear, as well as standard sex toys and harnesses.
- Early to Bed is a boutique shop with a focus on gender expression products, as well as a generous selection of dildos, vibes, and other sex toys. Get your BJ Dildo here, for example!
- In the UK? Pleasure Garden has all body-safe toys, and carries select items by a couple of my favorite brands—Blush and BMS Factory—that you can’t find at Lovehoney, etc.
Other online retailers that I haven’t personally interacted with, but that have a good reputation, are Smitten Kitten, Come As You Are, SheBop, and Babeland.
Trustworthy Toy Makers & Etsy Shops
I can vouch for these toy makers, most of which are US-based and many US-produced too. All vibrator makers mass-produce their products in China.
- SquarePegToys is the first maker of 100% Super-Soft silicone & is a fantastic choice for anal toys, or for vaginal toys if you enjoy comfortable fleshy-soft silicone. I very much enjoy their realistic dildos, and the Egg Plugs are absolutely the most-loved butt plug out there for folks who appreciate anal fullness and stretching (with comfort).
- Tantus has been making body-safe silicone dildos for 20 years now! Their offerings range from the very simple (like the classic Silk) to dual-density toys like Flurry and Cush. I especially recommend the Super Soft silicone dildos, and the pretty-soft, drippy Magma for the adventurous dildo-buyer.
- We-Vibe creates very rumbly vibe options, plus the fantastic We-Vibe Melt air pulsation clit stimulator. The penis toys & anal toys are “it’s OK, I guess.” A real luxury vibrator brand, that I’ve found to be worth it for Nova 2 and Melt.
- Mr. Hankey’s Toys makes realistic super-soft silicone that folks love the feel of: I’ve drooled over vibrating Topher Michels, for one, and I also enjoy my Nick Capra (in gold metallic tones!) for squishy realism. Hankey’s Toys specializes in BIG: from pretty damn large, to super large, to OMG-how-can-that-person-still-walk-afterward large realistic dildos—but they offer a (more average-size) Xtra-Small series too.
- Looking for less-expensive? Blush Novelties products are affordable for platinum silicone (and they make some damn powerful vibes too): Like, cheap, dual-density realistic silicone? Hell yeah!
- Lovense is renowned for their strong app-controlled vibes; the Lush (2 or 3) pink-tail vibrator by Lovense is most popular, though I would recommend against believing overblown pornography performances, trying to make you think anyone wearing a Lush will suddenly have wild vaginal orgasms because of it. The Lush is a fun teasing toy, with a great app, if you are looking for sexy controlled fun; you might consider the Ferri instead for anyone with a clit who doesn’t orgasm easily from vaginal penetration (that’s most people with clits, not all). Or, the Edge 2 is a strong prostate stimulation vibrator to sit and rock on. Mass-produced in China.
- Oxballs makes hands-down the most comfortable penis rings & ball rings out there, in platinum silicone. Also cool things like nipple-suction tunnels, intense anal stretchers & PigHole tunnel plugs, and more “fetish” items like silicone urethral sounds.
- Fleshlight and Fleshjack are known for their canister masturbation sleeves/strokers, but the company also makes silicone dildos: the fantasy-themed Freaks series, plus the Fleshjack Boys series of lifecast porn-star cocks.
- Uberrime (Etsy shop) creates a number of semi-realistic dildos and some abstract toys too. The dual-density Splendid is excellent, and the Fire & Ice Night King is one of my favorite textured dildos.
- RealDoll creates custom-made silicone sex dolls, plus six super-realistic luxury dildos in the RealCock2 lineup. The RealCocks do feel quite realistic, and the handpainted silicone is safer than mass-produced-in-China dildos where the red-head silicone paint may leach into your body. RealCocks are carefully handmade in California. Their triple-layer “Sil-Slide” technology allows the silicone to move and stretch a little more than other dual-density dildos. But they are NOT moving-foreskin dildos. The RealCock’s soft skin feel, and squeezing the floating testicles, is very nifty! It may or may not be worth $500+, depending on how much you love safe realistic dick. Full RealCock 2 Dirk review here.
- Penis extenders, in body-safe silicone! Blissfull Creations has the best reputation for making penis extenders in skin-safe platinum silicone: just look at the customer reviews to read about (and see!) how well Blissfull’s different extenders fit onto real shafts. The product descriptions are detailed, with precise size info & how to measure the penis the silicone extender will fit over! Unlike Vixen Creations’ extenders, these are tailored so that (if you measure accurately) the toy will stay on without a potentially awkward ball-strap.
There are many small fantasy dildo makers and Etsy stores out there, but these are the ones that I feel most confident recommending. All shops use skin-safe, platinum silicone for their dildos & other sex toys (like butt plugs, silicone penis strokers, squishies to rub off on clitorally, FtM penetrables, and even “teenies” mini dildos). These are unique, very colorful, and handmade fantasy dildos all!
Shops are US-based unless otherwise noted.
- Hankey’s Toys now makes fantasy toys too, including canine, equine, tentacle, and demon creatures—plus of course a Dragon dildo. Select Soft silicone to get a density similar to “fantasy toy”/Bad Dragon medium density.
- Strange Bedfellas is another top-notch US indie maker. My Tyv is a stunning pour, and I’m dying over the suckers on the Tentacle sleeve for We-Vibe Tango.
- Pleasure Forge offers Dungeons and Dragons-themed toys! I really love their creativity, and they always seem to be developing truly amazing colorations. Some of their molds are semi-realistic, like the Fighter & Wizard; plus more fantastical designs. I’m pleased with how my Illithid turned out, so much that I later bought a custom-marbled Ankheg! (And a lot of toys in 2020, because, well, we all needed some uplifting then.)
- Uncover Creations (UK based, ≈$17 US shipping) makes the most bad-ass tentacle toy ever, IMO: their grinders rock. I’m gushing figuratively and literally; I love this pile of tendrils! All items are made to order, so they’re always available (not in stock drops); and Uncover makes dildos, ovipositors, penis extenders, kegel balls, and strong double-sided suction cups too.
- Fantasy Grove has drawn me in recently with their Black Rainbow graffiti neon pours, and seasonal custom colors, all in multiple size options. Beautiful!!!
- Monster Smash is a UK-based shop I need to investigate more! Truly monster-themed, and highly recommended by Strange Bedfellas (whose products they wholesale to UK & EU customers).
- Paladin Pleasure does freakin’ fantastic rainbow marbles (among other cool things), like in my Titan here. Incredibly bright & colorful.
- Bad Dragon is the most popular fantasy toy company. They make lots of toys, some more fantastical than others. See my Flint the Uncut Studded Dragon and Nox the Night Drake reviews for details.
- Uberrime has fantasy toys too: tentacles, plus other sea-themed and fantasy-esque toys here at SheVibe. The GoT Night King dildo (review here) also fits into the fantasy category fairly well.
- Love Smiths are in France and do high-fantasy toys! (Like Lord-of-the-Rings style.) They have a large silicone masturbator selection (reviewed here) and also penetrables for large clits.
- HodgePodge Entourage has some rad-looking toys like Scylla the dual-stimulating tentacle. I want a Sylph, because yay ridges! Their new Cthulhu tentacle squishy/grinder is nifty too!
- Amavidi does full customs (firmness & color) for all their 4 models, and made-to-order colorations like Aurora, Bisexual flag, Cotton Candy Pansexual Flag, & Mardi Gras.
- Kudu Voodoo has not just normal dildos, but packing dildos, silicone masturbators, silicone vulvas, and a canine maw, etc.!
- Wandering Bard is also high-fantasy / D&D based, with sweet colors and lots of recent sales.
- Pris Toys makes dual-density dildos, as well as swirling single-layer silicone toys. See, for example, the Super Nova dual-density that SheVibe picked up in a coloration reminiscent of the VixSkin Johnny in Tie-Bright.
- Xenocat Artifacts’ toys are super-duper textured, very abstract creations. Look how gorgeous my custom Caiman alligator dildo turned out!
- John Thomas Toys is United Kingdom-based! A range of sizes for each toy, 3D printed & specialized for large anal — though I’ve enjoyed the Diablo’s Finger vaginally.
- Twin Tail Creations currently has 11 totally customizable dildos, many featuring a suction cup, like this Cortez I wanted to test for my Suction Cup Dildo Guide. TTC absorbed the fantasy maker Frisky Beast Creations in 2018 and is selling their models as well.
- Exotic Erotics is amazing at transforming inspiration photos (of various characters or whatever, really) into dildos. They have everything from high fantasy characters to robots, from human lifecasts to elephant trunks.
- Fruits & veg, anyone? SelfDelve corn on the cob, eggplant, cucumber, etc. are slick silicone toys that resemble your fave produce. And don’t forget the mushroom butt plug!
- Primal Hardwere is the place to go for ovipositors (egg-laying toys); also check out their very long dildos and inflatable dildos. (Plus a cactus and a lightbulb butt plug, because why not.)
- A Krow’s Nest is pirate-themed—arrrg! Only two firmnesses are available: soft and medium, which are comparable to Bad Dragon’s soft (=really squishy) and medium (=squishy, very flexible). The metallics and UV-reactive toys look stunning.
- Monster Cocks is the most premium fantasy toy maker—by the owners of the ultra-realistic RealCock brand. These horror dildos are not for the squeamish.
Sexual Health & Safer Sex
Safe toys are one thing, but sexual wellness of course extends into sex with other human beings too! Sex should be very pleasurable, but of course STIs are a risk no matter what, and unwanted pregnancy is a risk for many people. Stay safe, treat yourself well, and check out these resources for:
- First line of defense: Condoms. I love Lucky Bloke, and I’ve been buying from them for almost five years, to get thinner and/or better-fitting condoms. The sampler packs are very helpful if you don’t know what size is best; and the dimensions for each & every condom are present in its listing. In my experience, lots of guys who require a bigger condom don’t even realize that the average-size ones they’re using are NOT supposed to cut off so much sensation, nor should the condom start slipping off during hard thrusting (which a condom will do if it’s too tight around the base of the penis shaft. That’s scary). Lucky Bloke also only carries safe lubricants too: nothing with glycerin or propylene glycol, which can throw off vaginal pH & facilitate micro-tears anally too. Lucky Bloke is a small business based in Washington, and their customer service is excellent! My experience buying from them described here. Do note that for new partners whose STI status you’re unaware of: infections may be transmitted via oral sex too, not just penetration.
- STI testing: STDCheck.com (Get $15 off by clicking this link) is a well-established, US-based service that uses FDA-approved tests. You do not have to talk to anyone, or wait around getting these approved by a medical provider; it’s automatic, and very discreet. The 10-test panel is quite comprehensive and covers STIs like herpes-simplex-1, a very common & incurable virus, that other panels may not. You order the test(s) you want online, then visit a walk-in lab during business hours, whenever you want, to give your sample. Quest Diagnostics (they’re like the Walgreens of lab testing, tons of locations) and other major lab-test services are included, so there are tons of location options. Then, you get individual test-by-test result notifications as they come in, starting as early as 12 hours after you give your blood/urine samples, and with 2 days max. result time. It’s fast, which takes a lot of stress while waiting for results. Or get more variety with their sister site, HealthLabs.com (15% off link here), which offers STI testing plus sex-hormone testing, general wellness tests, etc. in the same order—you choose what you need.
- Are you vaccinated against HPV? No standard STI tests cover human papilloma virus (HPV), which causes all cervical cancer, and is the only reason why tissue is yanked out of the cervix during Pap smears. HPV-16, HPV-18 and other variants can also cause throat cancer, penile cancer, colorectal (anal) cancer, if your body is unable to clear the virus; while HPV-6 and 10, etc. cause genital warts. The first HPV vaccine was approved in the US in 2007 for people assigned female AB, and in 2009 for people assigned male AB. It’s more likely you weren’t offered it if you’re in your mid-30s and older. In the US, the anti-HPV vaccine Gardasil-9 is currently FDA-approved for anyone up to 45 years old, and can be obtaining by making appointments at major pharmacies like Walgreens or CVS: it is a 3-shot regimen for full protection, that’s 3 appointments over 6 months. If you’d like to test whether you have an active HPV infection vaginally, Everlywell.com sells mail-in test kits with about 2-weeks turnaround time to get results.
- SUPPORT reproductive rights & abortion access. Abortion is healthcare that can save women’s and people with uteruses’ lives or mental health, and allow more stable home environments for existing children. If you agree, donate to your local abortion funds, to help services remain available as long as possible and to help disadvantaged women/AFABs get the care they need. The abortion pill works up to 10-11 weeks gestational age (≈ 6 weeks after a missed period), and prescriptions can be obtained online without an in-person visit. Online resources like Plan C provide a wealth of information about pill access, including creative solutions like using a mail forwarder with a California address to get pills from a California telehealth (virtual only, no in-person visit required) provider shipped to any US state whose legislature wants to restrict your body.
* * *
- Even porous TPR/TPE penis toys, which are in the “lesser evil” category: they’re nontoxic, but require more care because they can begin to let bacteria & mold grow if they’re not cleaned thoroughly right after use or they’re left in direct sunlight, too much heat & humidity, etc.
- “Soft plastic” equals TPR/TPE, for the record; Lovehoney has made this toy material confusing lately.
- Desktop vs. mobile, respectively. On mobile, use the “Add or Remove Filters” drop-down menu right under the top cartoon and category name.
- Pick “Phthalate-free – Non-porous” to opt for only body-safe toy in any category (especially ones like “Realistic vibrators”) where some more-porous materials (TPR/TPE and PVC) are included.