So where do you find body-safe sex toys once you learn Amazon is filled with questionable and risky materials? Here’s my breakdown of reputable & discreet online sex toy sellers, including well-known indie & fantasy dildo makers! I focus on shops that sell all-safe materials—like platinum silicone dildos—with notes about how to find good deals.
- Peepshow Toys is a forerunner in the body-safe toy movement: they simply won’t sell porous toys.1 Peepshow Toys carries a wide range of both safe and affordable options: see often crazy-low prices on the deals page and bestselling under-$50 vibes, for example. They have a FedEx 2-Day collection where you get fast US shipping free when you spend $70. Plus save an extra 10% site-wide by entering code FELICITY at checkout.
- SheVibe’s fun comic-art-themed site offers a great selection and competitive prices. In all of SheVibe’s toy categories (like silicone dildos here!), there are boxes in the left sidebar/under the category name2 so you can easily filter out toys by brand, price, girth, length, and safe materials.3
- Lovehoney (US site here; Canadian site here; UK site here; EU site here) is a huge retailer with branches for customers throughout the world (including Australia and New Zealand). You do have to pay attention to the materials you buy on Lovehoney; they’re usually clearly listed, but many are not body-safe. Lovehoney has constant sales! See their deals pages by country: Lovehoney US, Lovehoney CA, Lovehoney UK, and Lovehoney EU.
- Spectrum Boutique is a hip online shop with a carefully curated selection of toys and a kick-ass Instagram account. Spectrum sells body-safe insertables and vibes, plus some TPR/TPE penis toys. Also use code FELICITY at checkout here to save 10% off your order.
- Good Vibrations is a classic: they’re been promoting sex positivity and quality sex ed since 1977!
- Betty’s Toy Box has a big selection, including lots of silicone dildos and an array of clit toys. They do carry unsafe materials too, so you might steer clear of the squirting dildos section.
- Luvoqa has quite the luxe feel. In case you’ve ever dreamed of an $8,000 gold-plated vibrator, then your wish has come true! Jokes aside, Luvoqa does have a filtering option so you can select toys by price range, starting with under $50. Get free USPS Priority Mail 2- to 3-Day delivery when you spend $75 and use code PHALREV at checkout.
- Early to Bed is a boutique shop with a focus on gender expression products, as well as a generous selection of dildos, vibes, and other sex toys. Get your BJ Dildo here!
- For all your bondage and kinkier needs (dungeon furniture, anyone?), check out Stockroom. Categories include electrosex, fetish wear, as well as standard sex toys and harnesses.
- In the UK? Pleasure Garden has all body-safe toys, and carries select items by a couple of my favorite brands—Blush and BMS Factory—that you can’t find at Lovehoney, etc.
Other online retailers that I haven’t personally interacted with, but that have a good reputation, are Smitten Kitten, Come As You Are, SheBop, and Babeland.
Trustworthy Toy Makers & Etsy Shops
I can vouch for these toy makers, most of which are US-based and many US-produced too.
- Tantus has been making body-safe silicone dildos for 20 years now! Their offerings range from the very simple (like the classic Silk) to dual-density toys like Flurry and Cush. I especially recommend the Super Soft silicone dildos, and the pretty-soft, drippy Magma for the adventurous dildo-buyer.
- Blush Novelties products are sold by many online retailers, but I’m highlighting them here too because I love how affordable Blush’s platinum silicone is (and they make some damn powerful vibes too). Also, cheap, really realistic dual-density silicone? Hell yeah!
- Mr. Hankey’s Toys offers pretty damn large, super large, and OMG-how-can-that-person-still-walk-afterward large realistic dildos! (Plus a few fantasy/abstract choices too.) I love my Nick Capra (in gold metallic tones!) for squishy realism, and I need more Hankey’s Toys in my life. Goals!
- Fleshlight and Fleshjack are known for their canister masturbation sleeves/strokers, but the company also makes silicone dildos: the fantasy-themed Freaks series, plus the Fleshjack Boys series of lifecast porn-star cocks.
- Uberrime (Etsy shop) creates a number of semi-realistic dildos and some abstract toys too. The dual-density Splendid is excellent, and the Fire & Ice Night King is one of my favorite textured dildos.
- RealDoll creates custom-made silicone sex dolls, plus two super-realistic dildos: the original RealCock 2 and the RealCock2 DTF with Vac-U-Lock hole for harness wear. The RealCocks are unique in that their “Sil-Slide” technology allows the silicone to move and stretch a little more than other dual-density dildos. Plus floating squishy balls!
- Split Peaches offers silicone dildos and plugs in fun shapes (like the Unicorn Horn, the Screw You, and the steampunk-inspired Rivetor) and in more neutral shapes.
There are many small fantasy makers and Etsy stores out there, but these are the ones that I feel most confident recommending.4 Shops are US-based unless otherwise noted.
- Geeky Sex Toys is seriously creative about nerdy toys: tentacles, of course, and sea creatures and unicorn horns, but also D&D dice ball gags, laser swords, a Darth Vader wand vibe, and more, all in silicone. I’m digging the slick scales in my Drodong dragon dildo! Geeky is based in Australia, but worldwide flat-rate shipping is only $15 USD.5
- Lust Arts offers horror-themed and fantasy toys, with customizable dual-density options where you pick your firmness for both layers of the toy.
- Hankey’s Toys now makes fantasy toys too, including canine, equine, and tentacle creatures—plus of course a Dragon dildo!
- Strange Bedfellas is one of the best Etsy dildo sellers in the US right now, IMO. My Tyv is a stunning pour, and I’m dying over the suckers on the Tentacle sleeve for We-Vibe Tango.
- Pleasure Forge offers Dungeons and Dragons-themed toys! I really love their creativity, and they always seem to be developing truly amazing colorations. I’m pleased with how my Illithid turned out, so much that I later bought a custom-marbled Ankheg!
- Damn Average (Etsy shop with premade toys here; website with squishies and more here) does some truly beautiful marbles, in dildos ranging from more realistic to high fantasy and monster-inspired. Sheep’s shop is where silicone stress-relieving squishies got started. See my Above Average Alien review.
- Bad Dragon is the most popular fantasy toy company. They make lots of toys, some more fantastical than others. See my Flint the Uncut Studded Dragon and Nox the Night Drake reviews for details.
- Uberrime has fantasy toys too: tentacles, plus other sea-themed and fantasy-esque toys here at SheVibe. The GoT Night King dildo (review here) also fits into the fantasy category fairly well.
- Dread the Empire is an up-and-coming shop I’ve heard very good things about from the fantasy toy community. Apparently Thunder is excellent, especially for anal use.
- HodgePodge Entourage has some rad-looking toys like Scylla the dual-stimulating tentacle. I want a Sylph, because yay ridges!
- Xenocat Artifacts’ toys are super-duper textured, very abstract creations. Look how gorgeous my custom Caiman alligator dildo turned out!
- Twin Tail Creations currently has 11 totally customizable dildos, many featuring a suction cup, like this Cortez I wanted to test for my Suction Cup Dildo Guide. TTC absorbed the fantasy maker Frisky Beast Creations in 2018 and is selling their models as well.
- Exotic Erotics is amazing at transforming inspiration photos (of various characters or whatever, really) into dildos. They have everything from high fantasy characters to robots, from human lifecasts to elephant trunks.
- A Krow’s Nest is pirate-themed—arrrg! Only two firmnesses are available: soft and medium, which are comparable to Bad Dragon’s soft (=really squishy) and medium (=squishy, very flexible). The metallics and UV-reactive toys look stunning.
- Kudu Voodoo offers some really bright, UV-reactive colors and unique shapes like Aston the Alligator. Plus free shipping in the US with $60+ purchases.
- Fruits & veg, anyone? SelfDelve corn on the cob, eggplant, cucumber, etc. are slick silicone toys that resemble your fave produce. And don’t forget the mushroom butt plug!
- Primal Hardwere is the place to go for ovipositors (egg-laying toys); also check out their very long dildos and inflatable dildos. (Plus a cactus and a lightbulb butt plug, because why not.)
- New Folklore Silicone is nice for smaller toys (and a few larger ones). Custom colors may take a while to ship.
- Qimera Forge (UK-based) only has a few toys to choose from, but Qi is developing some cool color options, and the customer service is good in my experience. I need a sparkly fish squishy.
- Monster Cocks is the most premium fantasy toy maker—by the owners of the ultra-realistic RealCock brand. These horror dildos are not for the squeamish.
* * *
- Even porous TPR/TPE penis toys, which are in the “lesser evil” category: they’re nontoxic and won’t touch sensitive mucous membranes, but require more care because they can begin to let bacteria & mold grow if they’re not cleaned thoroughly right after use or they’re left in direct sunlight, too much heat & humidity, etc.
- Desktop vs. mobile, respectively. On mobile, use the “Add or Remove Filters” drop-down menu right under the top cartoon and category name.
- Pick “Phthalate-free – Non-porous” to opt for only body-safe toy in any category (especially ones like “Realistic vibrators”) where some more-porous materials (TPR/TPE and PVC) are included.
- See this constantly updated list of fantasy toy makers for all your options, including some nonsilicone ones.
- Or less: it’s free if your purchase is over $100.