Guide to Dildos That Thrust & Thrusting Vibrators Too!
The thrusting dildos I review are mini fucking machines—but less expensive, easier to store, and easier to position than a quality sex machine.1 Each thrusting dildo here is 100% body-safe, unlike cheap, low-quality thrusters on Amazon! And as for thrusting rabbit vibrators: I’ll rank those a little differently, for vibration quality too. (Also check out my guide to rotating vibrators if you’re looking for spinning options.) So which is the best thrusting dildo, and why would you want a self-propelled toy anyway?
Riding a suction cup dildo hands-free can be great, but if you’re like me, sometimes you just want someone else to do the work for you. A thrusting dildo that moves in and out, by itself. This updated guide to body-safe silicone moving dildos and thrusting vibrators covers three distinct toy types: (1) Fun Factory Stronic jiggly pulsating dildos, (2) handheld thrusting machines like the Velvet Thruster Mini and the vibrating Maia Max/Monroe, and (3) silicone-coated thrusting rabbit vibrators.
All these toys thrill me—a huge fan of motion + penetration—and they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. That’s why I’ve tried to consider: Which would I choose if I was the average buyer, looking to purchase just one for myself? What’s the best thrusting dildo??? It’s a hard call! Jump to each toy’s comparative review to see how it stacks up for speed, thrust length, noise level, and price. Or read the next section for a quick recap.
- 1 Thrusting Dildos
- 1.1 Velvet Thruster Mini Teddy Thrusting Dildo (10/10 Stars)
- 1.2 Fun Factory Stronic Thrusting Pulsators (10/10 Stars)
- 1.3 Velvet Thrusters (9/10 Stars)
- 1.4 Maia Max & Monroe Thrusting Dildos (8.5/10 Stars)
- 1.5 NS Novelties Inya Deep Stroker Thrusting Dildo (7.5/10 Stars)
- 1.6 Comparative Table & Other Options
- 2 Best Thrusting Rabbit Vibrators
- Powerful thrusting: Velvet Thrusters, hands down. The Velvet Mini Teddy is quieter & easier to position than the original Velvet Thruster models (like Jackie).
- Easiest to use: Fun Factory Stronics, because of their convenient size, low noise level, & waterproof-ness.
- Best budget option: Maia Max & Monroe, for $99.2 Not-bad thrust speed plus OK vibes, a remote control, & an adjustable suction cup. Also my fave anal option. (And hey, the Inya Deep Stroker is even cheaper at $69.99: check it out if you’re good with a nonrealistic shape & less-rumbly vibes.) Any cheaper than this, and you’ll be getting less-safe materials (just say “no” to porous TPE dildos) and/or weaker thrusting power.
- Dual stimulation: Want clit stimulation too? Lovehoney’s Happy Rabbit Thrusting is the best body-safe bunny that thrusts.
Velvet Thruster Mini Teddy Thrusting Dildo (10/10 Stars)
It is 100% possible to make a good thing EVEN BETTER, Velvet Co. has shown me with the new Velvet Thruster Mini, nicknamed Teddy.
The Velvet Thruster Mini:
- is much easier to hold than the original Velvet Thrusters (like Jackie, the most popular),
- is considerably quieter, and
- heats up less during use!
The Velvet Thruster Mini Teddy has a shorter (and less flexible) shaft too. I prefer how Jackie’s shaft bends more, and Jackie has about 30% more speed, but…it’s hard to argue with Teddy’s more convenient size & simpler button control. See my video comparison between the two models here, and here’s a size comparison of the Velvet Thruster Mini Teddy (top) vs. Velvet Thruster Jackie (bottom):
Plus, Mini Teddy can be suction-cupped to smooth, flat surfaces. I think it’s mind-blowing when stuck on top of a T.O.M. dildo mount: truly the laziest hands-free fucking setup out of all the options in my collection.
Or, FOR THE MOST REALISTIC THRUSTING DILDO IN EXISTENCE (rating: 11 out of 10): stick a VixSkin soft silicone sheath (Holster or Colossus) on Teddy to create a big self-propelled toy. My enthusiasm for this dual-density thrusting dildo is through the roof: it’s my favorite sex toy setup in my over-$20,000 collection. Find the VixThrust combo here.
Thrust info: 2″ max. stroke length (like mid-range strokes during penetrative sex); up to 120 strokes per minute; 6 steady speeds
Price: $135 here
Fun Factory Stronic Thrusting Pulsators (10/10 Stars)
The Stronic pulsators are the best-known thrusting dildos on the market. The Stronics pulse back and forth rather than vibrate—watch them move in my video here. There are currently 4 different Stronic shapes (the original three: Stronic Eins/One, Stronic Drei, and Stronic Zwei, have now been discontinued):
- The Stronic G (review here): Aaaah for high-quality G-spot stimulation. I was afraid this toy’s head might even be too much for me, but it works wonders.
- The Stronic Real (review here): As the name implies, the most realistically shaped of the bunch. Straight shaft with a phallic head and subtle-but-noticeable coronal ridge. I love it!
- The Stronic Surf (review here): This newest Stronic is named for the wavy ripples down the shaft. And whoa, they’re pretty intense! Only go with this one if you’re sure you’re comfortable with textured stimulation. I personally find this toy best for vaginal mouth and back wall stimulation, rather than as a G-spotter.
- The Bi Fusion: Pulsating shaft plus an adjustable clitoral arm that vibrates. (Apparently the vibrations are fairly buzzy, so if that’s not your thing, steer clear.)
Compared to fucking machines and true thrusters, the Stronics have a subtle movement. They do move extremely fast on the higher rhythms, but they wiggle in and out rather than really screw. That’s why, in the end, I have to disagree with Fun Factory’s claim that the (now discontinued) Stronic Eins “authentically mimics sexual thrust movements.” This is only true if you have a lover who doesn’t go deep or hard, ever (and who can go at super speed too!).
Many people will prefer the Stronics’ shorter stroke length because it’s gentle, yet insistent. The Stronic Real is mind-blowing for me because its quick little pulsations keep me on the edge of orgasm for up to ten minutes at a time, until I’m forced to give in and thrust it a little by hand—leading to an explosive climax. And these pulsating dildos are much easier to use while holding a clit vibe than a full-speed thrusting dildo is.
The Stronics have a couple huge advantages over full-on thrusting dildos: They’re fully waterproof (since they don’t require a hole to vent air); they *may* be used totally hands-free (depending on the user’s anatomy; more on that here); and they’re quiet. You can easily hide their noise with just a blanket, vs. the louder sounds that true thrusting dildos produce.
Thrust info: A little under ½” jiggle length; ≈120 to over 200 strokes per minute; 4 constant speeds & 6 pulsing patterns; super-quiet & lightweight
Find at: $153 for G and Real here (10% off) when you use code FELICITY at checkout
Velvet Thrusters (9/10 Stars)
The original Velvet Thrusters are now discontinued. The most popular model, Jackie, is in the process of being revamped. It will return to my thrust guide once it’s back in production—because I love these toys with all “the power of a full sized fucking machine,” in handheld form.
Maia Max & Monroe Thrusting Dildos (8.5/10 Stars)
The Max (black) & Monroe (purple) thrusters—the same toy, in different colors—by Maia Toys offer a smooth, nonphallic shape and a shorter length (5″ insertable) than other thrusters in this guide.3 I think this makes Max easier to hold, plus more anal-friendly. (Though maybe that’s partly because my butt likes it smaller!)
I think the Maia Max’s motor is pretty good. The three thrusting speeds don’t offer as much variety as the Velvet Thrusters. But given Max’s much lower price point, I’m quite pleased with these speeds: from 60 to 100 thrusts per minute.
And beyond the thrusting, Max vibrates too—that function is independently controllable from the thrusting. Out of the three steady vibration intensities, the first is fairly low-powered and has some rumble to it; the second is pretty powerful, and starting to buzz a bit; and the third is definitely buzzy. When I match the second steady vibe intensity with the second steady thrusting rhythm, Max makes me happy. (And it makes me ecstatic when I want larger penetration and I stick a VixSkin soft silicone sheath on it.)
Especially because Max is so texture-less, I need a little more stimulation to orgasm vaginally, so the vibrations really help; and anally, the power just feels nice around my asshole.
There are also cool extras, like on the Pipedream Fantasy for Her thruster (discussed next): an adjustable suction cup and a remote control. Positioning Max’s suction cup was a learning experience for me—but I figured it out pretty quick! (Just don’t try to move the suction cup around while actually using the toy!!!)
Max/Monroe do share one big downside with the original Velvet Thrusters: it’s pretty damn loud, possibly even a little worse than the Velvets. I need to invest in ear plugs, I’m thinking.
Thrust info: About 2.25″ stroke length; 60 to 100 strokes per minute; 3 thrust speeds + 10 vibe functions (3 steady, 7 patterns); remote control included
Price: $99 at Peepshow Toys with code FELICITY
NS Novelties Inya Deep Stroker Thrusting Dildo (7.5/10 Stars)
The NS Inya Deep Stroker stands out for one huge reason: it’s the cheapest good thrusting dildo around. With 2 inches total stroke length, it’s actually a realistic range of motion. (The original Velvet Thrusters’ 3 inches sometimes seems like a lot!)
The Inya Stroker-thruster has a super-satiny finish that I love, and the thick accordion folds aren’t pinchy at all. This is a less-realistic shape, with textures that I can only describe as “interesting.” (They’re hard to see in pictures, but they’re almost totem-pole-like!) I find those abstract textures very gentle.
The Inya Deep Stroker includes three thrust speeds, and, like Max Max/Monroe, it vibrates too. Unfortunately, Inya’s vibe quality is buzzier—doesn’t penetrate deeply—than the Maia toys’ vibes. (It also has no remote control or adjustable suction cup.) The short base is easy to hold, though I had to learn to not accidentally change speeds mid-use while tightening my grip as Inya did thrust deep in me!
For only $70, I think the NS Inya Deep Stroker offers a lot of positive features. If you don’t need the deepest vibrations or a realistic shape, it’s a good deal.
Comparative Table & Other Options
See how all these thrusting dildos compare by the numbers (click to enlarge):
Other options that didn’t quite make the best-of list, but that have positive points about them:
- Zalo Desire thrusting dildo (full review here): Pulsates a lot like the Fun Factory Stronics. Desire is a beautiful-looking toy that jiggles super fast. Its curved, pointed head is incredibly silky but hollow inside, so I find it doesn’t have the weight of Stronic toys (especially the Stronic Real).
- The “Infinite Thrusting” Sex Machine (full review here) has a very long stroke length (I feel like I’m holding a dildo sword!) and slower maximum speed than other thrusting dildos. It also has vibes, which are neither bad nor earth-shattering.
- The Pipedream “Thrust-Her” (full review here) is definitely not the most powerful toy out there. It starts pretty damn fast, but I find the shorter stroke length unfulfilling, and I tend to make the thrusting stall when I clench hard around the toy.
- The XR Thunderplugs Thrusting Vibrating plugs are “thumping” toys with mid-speed vibes, shorter stroke length (so you can sit on them), and a convenient remote control.
Best Thrusting Rabbit Vibrators
Thrusting rabbits aim to do even more: stimulate your clit while their heads thrust in and out. With these toys, the shafts as a whole need to stay in place to ensure steady clitoral contact. As a result, they won’t have the stroke length of the thrusting dildos above: they’re best for shallower G-spot stimulation.
I’ll rate the vibes in these body-safe bunnies’ ears on a 10-point scale for power and rumbliness, so you can measure them against other toys in my comprehensive vibrator guides! See the full chart at the end for detailed info on speed & stroke length too.
Lovehoney Happy Rabbit Thrusting
This bunny ranks first because it has the longest stroke length, about three-quarters an inch! I thought it wasn’t possible for me to enjoy rabbit vibes, and then I got off hard on this one—so Lovehoney Happy Rabbit Thrusting has it going on, as far as I’m concerned.
With its jutting coronal ridge, the Happy Rabbit Thrusting gives my G-spot lots of attention—more than the finger-like heads in most other rabbits here. I would definitely buy this shaft shape in a full-size thrusting dildo.
The external stimulator is a classic bunny shape, with wide ears. They sit right above my clitoral hood, and I can feel the vibes really traveling through my internal clit. I like this classic ear shape, but widened, most because I dig the broad stimulation.
And as for the vibes? Happy Rabbit’s first vibe speed starts stronger than the FemmeFunn Ultra Bullet—a measurement of power for me. Overall, Happy Rabbits aren’t as rumbly as the renowned We-Vibe Tango, but—especially on the lowest 2 (of 3) steady speeds, they have a good depth. The only real inconvenience with Happy Rabbit? There are 12 vibe functions all controlled through one button, so you have to cycle all the way around to go down one intensity level. Overall, Happy Rabbit has good thrusting power and vibes for a reasonable price compared to other body-safe thrusting vibes.
Thrust info: About 0.75″ stroke length; 3 thrust functions, from 70 to 115 thrusts per minute
Vibration quality: 7 out of 10 for power; 8 out of 10 for rumbliness on low, 7 out of 10 for rumbliness on high.
Price: $69.99 here
Other Thrusting Rabbit Vibrators
Happy Rabbit Thrusting is a good one…but these bunnies all offer something a little different—from flickering clit stim, to pulsing air, to pulsating shafts.
- CalExotics California Dreaming Orange County Cutie Thrusting Rabbit is a great toy if you like intensely pinpoint/flippy sensations against your clit (rather than Happy Rabbit’s classic clit-surrounding ears). Orange County Cutie has a slightly shorter stroke length than Happy Rabbit Thrusting, but the second speed feels like it’s really kneading my G-spot (in a good way). And the external arm’s motion is a crazy flapping on the top speed, and a few of the patterns! I find myself liking the alternating/escalating functions more in this toy than most. Orange County Cutie’s shaft is slightly slimmer than Happy Rabbit, and more tapered, and some users may find that more comfortable.
- Blush’s Lush Iris is two hot sex toy trends rolled into one: self-propelled thrusting and air pulsation clit stim! Iris’ shaft thrusts in a spinning-kinda way. Its soft head is lined with ripples underneath, for more texture. This air-blowing bunny gets pretty strong (of course not Womanizer-Premium powerful!) in the clit section. Lush Iris’ external arm is very straight and hard, so there’s little adjustability: your clit-to-vag distance will need to be “average” for the best fit.
- FemmeFunn Essenza reminds me a lot of the Commotion Cha Cha (next) but with a *slightly* wider shaft and a shorter, solid clit arm. The body is quite pliable, squeezable, which is great. The pulsing is speedy-speedy on the top levels, and the last one gets loud! Essenza’s clit arm is pretty flexible (but again, short). For the $200 price tag, I wish the vibes in the clit section were a touch more intense. Overall, it’s a cute toy, and well put together. I’d recommend it more highly if it went for $150 or less.
- BMS Commotion Cha Cha is the equivalent of a Fun Factory Stronic pulsator in rabbit form. It wiggle-jiggles. FAST. Cha Cha’s curved tip is like a finger fluttering at super speed against the G-spot. (See a demo of it in motion vs. Happy Rabbit Thrusting here.) Unfortunately, it’s also significantly noisier than the Stronics, especially on the last couple speeds. Cha Cha biggest selling point? Its external arm is very flexible, so it’ll fit pretty much any clit-to-vag distance. Since this is a BMS Factory toy, and I’m used to the Pillow Talk Sassy’s and the PalmPower Extreme’s kick-ass vibes, I was expecting the clit arm to really rock my world—but perhaps there’s only so much power you can fit into such a tiny area. Cha Cha’s strength is pretty good, especially along with the thrusting, but no PalmPower.
Comparative Rabbit Chart
All the details! Click to enlarge:
* * *